Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Blog 16: Independent Component 2 Approval


1.  Describe in detail what you plan to do for your 30 hours.
  • For my independent component number 2, I plan to do the same thing as in number 1 - hours at mentorship. However, this time I want to focus more on the doctor's/nurse's points of views instead of just the patients. I want to be able to understand why doctors and nurses are so stern, strict, stable, firm, serious, and very goal-oriented. I want to understand my senior topic from a different point of view, so I'll shadow more doctors or nurses, I'll do my hours by observing, watching, taking notes, and gathering information for my final senior presentation. 


2.  Discuss how or what you will do to meet the expectation of showing 30 hours of evidence.
  • Maybe I'll write letters, scrapbook, or create a replica of the medical facility of where I volunteer at. I think what I'll end up doing is try to convince them for photography use and maybe create a slideshow or story book that explains my topic throughout. Or, what I can do is teach middle schoolers about my topic - meaning I'd prepare, plan, and present them my with an overview of the entire senior project and its importance. But, what I really want to do is learn the doctor's point of views for every choice that their making. 


3.  Explain how this component will help you explore your topic in more depth.

  • This component will help me explore my topic more in depth by learning both sides of the equation when putting the equation together. I'll understand why a patient and a doctor say, think, or do what they do. I'll understand of my answers (patient-doctor communication) a lot more in detail and in depth. 

4.  Post a log in your Senior Project Hours link and label it "Independent Component 2" log.

No comments:

Post a Comment