Friday, February 5, 2016

Blog 15: Independent Component 1


LITERAL
    (a) Write: “I, Itzia Chavez, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 32 hours of work.”
    (b) Rose Robledo, my guidance, has guided me throughout the volunteering work and in helping me complete this independent component. 
    (c) Update your hours in your Senior Project Hours link. Make sure it is clearly labeled with hours for individual sessions as well as total hours.
    (d) Explanation: Throughout my independent component, I was able to grasp a lot more knowledge than I thought I would. I was actually able to work more specifically on my senior project aspect, regarding my essential question and in learning new ways to answer it as I volunteered around the facility with filing papers, learning about patients, and connecting with people, like Nurse Rose, who would help me. 


INTERPRETIVE 
  • So, aside from my log, linked above, the only other proof I have is a letter from my mentor stating that I did 32 hours of work. I couldn't take any pictures due to confidentiality issues and patient procedures. 
APPLIED
  • The independent component helped me understand my foundation and answer # 1 to my essential question. Working side by side with my mentor, Cara Johnson, allowed me to understand patients and fully grasp the views of a nurse. I worked a lot more with patients for my independent component, especially because of my essential questions, which then lead back to answer. With this in mind, I was able to communicate with patients; I was able to shadow nurses who communicated with patients about critical answers to their procedures and medical outcome of their life. I understood both views of a problem, the patient's side and the nurse's. Eventually, I understood my topic a lot more in depth and soon enough my answer #2 came to mind. So, at the end of this component, I was able to learn a lot more on my topic, specifically answer #1 and come up with answer #2. 





    No comments:

    Post a Comment