Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Blog 10 - Interview 2 Reflection


1. Please explain how you are spending your mentorship time (Is it at a workplace or somewhere else?  Are you shadowing?  Are you able to do tasks that are meaningfully related to the topic?  If so, what?  Are there other people who are experts in the location?  Etc...)
  • My actual mentorship is actually starting Monday, November 2nd at 2:00pm. I've had quite some trouble finding a mentor, but as of last week, I was able to finally find one that's willing to walk the journey with me. I hope that I will be able to shadow her and her working projects.
2.  How did you find your mentor?  How did you convince this person to help you?   
  • Mrs. Flores actually helped me find my mentor. One day, she walked into Mr. Rivas's class and they were talking about the senior project. He then decided to point out the fact that I, Itzia, still didn't have a mentor. She decided to ask me for my topic, and I told her. Immediately she smiled and stated that she had a friend that can potentially suit my topic, and she told me that she'd email her. So, I reminded her and she emailed. Within a day, I had a response  - yes. So, Nurse Johnson, my mentor, decided to meet up in person on October 23rd, so that we could talk about how this whole mentorship would work out. On that exact same day, after we figured out our schedule and stuff, I decided to interview her and we got to know each other quite well. I'm guessing that my persistence and my eagerness convinced her to say yes. 
3. How would you rate your comfort level with your mentor at this point in your relationship?  How does this relate to the time you've spent so far at mentorship/with this person?
  • From a 1 through 10, I would say that my comfort level with Nurse Johnson is a 6. This is probably because we haven't quite started on the mentorship. 
4. What went well in this interview?  Why do you think so?  What do you still need to improve?  How do you know?  How will you go about it?
  • Everything went well with this interview. I think this because her answers were straight to the point, very concise and straightforward. The questions were simple, things felt nice. Maybe I need to improve my questions, and come up with a lot of more in-depth questions. I know this because our total interview time is literally like 5 minutes - it could've been longer if I had asked better questions. Maybe next time, I'll ask peers about my questions, and ask for feedback on how well they're asked/written. 

- Link to voice memo: Interview #2 - 

No comments:

Post a Comment