Thursday, October 8, 2015

Blog 8: Independent Component 1 Proposal



1.  Describe in detail what you plan to do for your 30 hours.

  • For my 30 hours of my independent component, I plan on probably doing mentorship hours. This way, I get to do 30 hours of something totally different rather than the usual work at mentorship. It'd be cool if I were able to actually get the chance to work with someone else for these 30 hours, just to see the different opinions and judgment calls within my mentor and a co-worker of hers/his. However, this may mean that I may want to learn about a more specific topic within the area of my topic, or learn about a topic that goes hand-in-hand with mine. 
    • I may just want to do a mini project, based on what I've done with the extra mentorship days. I'm currently, still thinking. . .
2.  Discuss how or what you will do to meet the expectation of showing 30 hours of evidence.

  • What I'll do to meet the expectations of showing 30 hours of evidence is by taking a picture of every hour at work. Of course, I'd also have the person I'm working with sign off, along with writing a small summary of what we did for that hour. So, evidence will be supported by details and pictures all through the 30 hours of this component. 
3.  Explain how what you will be doing will help you explore your topic in more depth.

  • What I'm doing will allow me to see a different perspective, or a different topic that ties in with my topic. So, this means that I'll have questions that contradict my topic and my Independent Component, allowing me to research answers and gain more knowledge of both. I'm technically using these 30 hours, to allow myself to learn about my topic in a slightly different way. 
4.  Update your Senior Project Hours log.

No comments:

Post a Comment