Friday, April 22, 2016

Blog 22: Independent Component 2



LITERAL
(a)  “I, Itzia Chavez, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 31 hours of work.”
(b) Nurse Rose Robledo, my shadow mentor, has guided me and helped me throughout these last couple of months. 
(c) Update your Independent Component 2 Log (which should be under your Senior Project Hours link)
(d) Throughout the months of March and April, Nurse Robledo and I (along with other assistant nurses) have worked very hard to attack my essential question and come up with answers to it. Every answer was then supported with details and sources and information, if it wasn't then it wasn't a reliable answer. We hung out a lot and worked together to try to figure out the importance of my topic and how it all connects together. Most of our time was spent trying to figure out details and evidence for ways to back up my 3 answers. So, some days were dedicated to a certain answer, and other days to another answer. 
(e) Due to the fact that I can't take photos, I could only present a picture of me with my mentor Rose and also a letter in which she validates the 31 hours of my independent component with her.
(f) This independent component helped me answer my essential question because of that extra time spent with my mentor. During these hours, we would sit and talk about my essential question, breaking it down and coming up with answers that could be validated and supported. Each hour was very valuable to me because within it, I was able to grasp an idea, a quote, and an experience that made my essential question a lot easier to understand and answer as a whole. I was able to understand how my answers all tie in tougher and fall back on one another. I was able to pinpoint which answer is the backbone to my essential question and the rest of the answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment