Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Blog 13: 10 Hour Mentorship Check-In




1.   Where are you doing your mentorship?

  • Ramona Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

2.   Who is your contact?  What makes this person an expert?

  • My contact at the moment is Rose Robledo. This person is an expert because she's a certified nurse in her field and program. She graduated with a bachelors and is now striving for her masters to obtain the best medical education that she can. 

3.   How many  hours have you done during the school year? (Summer Mentorship Hours and Mentorship Hours should be reflected separately in your Senior Project Hours log located on the right hand side of your blog).

  • Because of the struggles of finding a mentor, and then the struggles of finding a center to volunteer at, I only have a total of 11 hours (school year wise) at the moment. My goal is to hopefully work for as many as I can, goal: 75 hours.

4.   Succinctly summarize what you did, how well you and your mentor worked together, and how you plan to complete the remaining hours.

  • So, at the rehab center one of the first things I did so far was go over the protocol procedures. Theres an evacuation plan, there's an emergency exit plan, earthquake and vacancy plan, etc. I spent the first week sort of going over, trying to fully understand and memorize the color codes and calls. I also watched the patients interact with visitors because that's one of the most important key roles in a rehab center. I learned all about ho much a simple friend can mean to someone who lives at a rehab or nursing center. My mentor and I are still al little dry, but I hope that it goes away as we work more together. At the moment, I plan to try to do 4 hours per day for 3 days a week, so that I can separate mentorship and independent component hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment