Monday, June 1, 2015

Blog 1 – Senior Final Lesson/Interview Reflection



1. What three lessons were most helpful for you to see, and why?
  1. Psychiatric Support was a helpful topic because it talked about providing the best possible services to someone who takes apart of that facility. This topic explain what the required Vital Tests are, and how they're conducted. In fact, in this activity, we were able to try out the medical equipment and play role of a patient and a doctor with a partner. 
  2. Nursing was a helpful topic because I personally want to pursue my topic in Primary care, so this topic was sort of a foundation base of how the nurses provide primary care to those in need. This topic explained that without a nurse, there really isn't anyone else who can provide that care that you need when you go to a doctor/hospital for a checkup.
  3. Clinical Psychology was a helpful topic because it allowed me to become an open minded person and accept the fact that no one is a "normal/perfect" human being. We all have our phobias, our imperfections, and our mental disorders, whether it be noticeable or not, we're all on the same boat here.  
2. List one thing that you learned about the senior project in interviews that will help you get off to a good start?
  • One thing I learned about the senior projects in interviews that can help me start off on a good note, was to get to know my mentor and to start forming a close relationship with that person, since we'll be spending about 60 or more hours together throughout the course of the year. If this first mentor isn't the one, then the seniors advised to keep my head up and keep searching for more. Eventually, I'll find the one mentor who will care and be able to assist me throughout this journey. 
3. What topic(s) are you considering, and why?
  • The topics that I'm considering are Primary Care and Criminal Profiling because I've always had a passion in helping those in need, especially when it comes to the health perspective  Becoming a doctor, and then specializing into a neurosurgeon, has always been my dream since I was little, so why not take all the opportunities that come my way to make this dream come true. I also like to figure things out and work with a team to find a solution. I'd like to possibly have Criminal Profiling as a topic, since I like being able to gather clues, and identify who did what, and why they did what they did. 
4. What EQ do you think might be interesting to consider in guiding a project like this? (Please don't worry about any sort of formula...we want this question to come from your genuine interest).
  1. What is the best way that a primary doctor can ensure the well being of a patient? 
  2. What is the best influential state of mind that allows a serial killer to convict danger towards a victim?
  3. What is the most efficient way to provide a patient with their medical care plan?
5. What are some ideas you have about finding summer mentorship?
  • One of my ideas for finding a mentorship this summer is to apply and volunteer at Casa Colina since I want to pursue my career in the medical field. When speaking of primary care, I can also find a way to volunteer at a fire station, but with the paramedics since they provide anyone with the primary care needed in a state of an emergency. Another idea is to find my mentor at a hospital like, Queen of the Valley or in Kaiser Permanent. 
  • Some ideas for finding a mentor in the Criminal Profiling range, is to go to a police department, and sign up to volunteer. Then, I'd talk to the Sergeant in charge and explain my whole senior project, hoping that he'll support this explorer and start to work with me throughout the course of time.